It is finally here!!! The Sleepover Scrunchie is a super fun little hair accessory design, with the vibes of a 90s sleepover party! I used Hobbii Metallico for this design and the metallic yarn just gives it such a cool look! You could use any other worsted weight yarn in place of Metallico, or even a combo of dk/mohair or multiple strands of fingering! I also knit up a sample in bulky yarn! I tested out two different seaming methods and will include both options in the pattern! The scrunchie size is adjustable too depending on your preference!
- 4.5 mm (US 7) 16 inch circular knitting needles (may need other size needles to meet gauge)
- ~15-25 grams / 38-65 yards of worsted weight (4) yarn. Click here to check out Hobbii Metallico. KnitPicks Swish Worsted is another great option.
- Elastic Hair Tie (I recommend using a hair tie like the Goody Ouchless 4 mm Hair Ties)
- Measuring tool
- Tapestry needle
This pattern makes a scrunchie that is approximately 4-5” (10-12.5 cm) in diameter. Size can easily be adjusted by altering the CO stitch count and length.
BOR beginning of round
RS right side of work
WS wrong side of work
In stockinette, in the round, blocked
1” x 1” (2.5 x 2.5 cm) = ~4.5 sts x 7 rows
Note: Gauge is not super important for this design, as the sizing of the finished items does not need to be exact. I recommend using a needle size that will get you fairly close to this gauge, but you can also add extra sts/rows to alter the size.
- Keep track of row counts and any sizing modifications so that you can replicate it if you make more!
- I use a digital row counter to keep track of my rows.
- This design has two options for seaming, one with a whip stitch seam and the other as a modified three needle bind off. Depending on which seaming method you plan to use, you will want to start with more or less yarn for your cast on tail! Read ahead to check out the seaming instructions if you aren’t sure which you would like to use!
- If you have thinner/shorter hair, you may want to make your scrunchie on the smaller end so it is not too bulky and overwhelming!
RETURNS and REFUNDS
This is a PDF knitting PATTERN to make a scrunchie, NOT the actual finished item. There will be no refunds for failure to read the listing, and due to the electronic nature of this listing. All sales are final.
PATTERN & PHOTOS COPYRIGHT:
The photographs and pattern in this document are property of Perfectly Knotted. Please do not reproduce, in whole or in part, or distribute this pattern or content. This pattern is intended for personal use only. You may sell your finished item, as long as you credit my shop in your listings with a link to my original pattern.
Need help with any part of the pattern? Send me a message! Questions or comments are always welcome! :)
Connect with me on social media!